1. There is virtually no crime in this city.
2. Even though I am big blue round eye and stick out like a white snowboarder, no one pays me much attention. I very much like this.
3. It is against the law to smoke outside. However it seems as though it is actually encouraged to smoke inside, especially in restaurants. After a nice meal you walk out reeking like cigarettes. Very odd.
4. There are 33 million people in Tokyo, making it the most populous city in the world. There is 1 vending machine for every 20 people, with some 40,000 vending machine and most of them appear to be outside. I don't think that you can stand in any single place in Tokyo and not see at least one vending machines. Delicious beverage selections, some even with beverages for adults!
5.Gambling is illegal, but there are many 5 story buildings that host a multitude of machines that look suspiciously like slot machines, but with high tech cartoon screens in them. Then you can take your coin winnings to small stalls in back alleys to collect your winnings. But, that's a secret of course since its against the law to gamble and win money.
6. Woman have no feelings in their legs. I gather this because of the high percentage of mini skirts and high heels in this cold weather.
7. Fake eyelashes are very hip. Don't leave home without them.
8. There is a real lack of Hello Kitty paraphernalia. I'm surprised.
9. There are subways and cellphones everywhere, but you can't talk on your cell on the subway. Those Japanese are so polite.
10. I am convinced that there are little to no vegetarians living in Tokyo. I have to accept the fact that I will starve in this country.
And I went to the snowboarding store district today. They were playing 'The Fine Line' ski movie in one of the stores and I saw you Nixon. Thought you'd like to know that you are in Tokyo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment