Monday, December 28, 2009
TOKYO!!!
Hey all... so, I'm in Tokyo, my first full day of Tokyodom. I love it. My journey here yesterday was an epic one. It just went so smoothly and my way to the GOLDEN key went off without a hitch. This key was one that a couchsurfing friend of mine left for me at his work's security gate. He works for Cirque de Soliel here in Tokyo as a rigger. Crazy gig!! So, I got the key and made it through the Tokyo subway underground maze to this swanky little apartment on the 5th floor. This guy, Adam, is solid and very trusting. Getting here was like figuring out a fun math equation, oxymoron for most of you I know. Trippy place. Lots of heals, punk hair and make-up to the nines. Today decided to go to work with Adam because he works right near this big park with a shrine that I really wanted to check out. I also wanted to ride the subway with him to see what i could learn. He gave me his subway card too. Turns out that he invited me to the Cirque show today. AMAZING!! Those people are all super human. I ate breakfast in their cafeteria too, which was a real trip. Quite a varied group, small people, giants, lots of Russian acrobats. Very interesting. Went backstage after the show too, to see how the magic happens. Adam's got a cool job. Now I'm back at his apartment and hope to crash for a bit and get rid of some of this dang jetlag before i head out for a night on the town. It's tricky out there in Tokyo. Very confusing and no one speaks a lick of english. I have yet to figure out how to get my vegetarianism across. Luckily apples look the same in every country and I brought some food with me from home too. priority- Need to figure out how to get food! Anyways, thought I'd keep ya'll in the loop of the current life of me. It's going great and I'm really thriving on this new life adventure!! Tomorrow I'll do more Tokyo stuff and the day after get up uber early to go to the fish market before heading south to see my buddy Todd down south in the shinkansen. Word up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yeah! sounds awsome dude!! The cirque is insane!!!!! so kool to watch. Glad you found a kool guy to stay with right off the bat!
ReplyDeleteYay, blog! Have a fabulous time in that other world! And by the way, we picked the same style for our blogs! Great minds think alike! Just went to the Cirque show in Vegas over Thanksgiving, totally blew my mind. How lucky to go behind the scenes! Going to Alyeska for New Years. Have fun!
ReplyDelete