Greetings...
This week, myself and a couple of my new found mates headed out to Sapporo to check out the world famous Ice Festival. It was pretty amazing really. The Japanese work on these ice sculptures for weeks prior to the unveiling, and when they are revealed they are remarkably impressive. How do they learn to make these things... these massive and perfectly sculpted pieces of art? Do they sit and home with ice cubes and little mini ice tools and make J Land fantasy creatures en masse? At any rate, its pretty cool. There was this one massive Miney and Micky Mouse sculpture, where little J kids got up and performed there little hearts out, like little Michael Jackson's in full J style. I will post a video soon and you will see what I mean. There was also a big air competition where lots of ripping Japanese park jibbers just went for it big time in there oversized pants and ridiculously bright clothing and bling hanging everywhere. They were awesome though and totally killed it.
I am also happy to report that I have been hitting up the onsens hard and I am now once again back in Niseko shredding the rad pow. Today I attempted to hit this huge air bag that just arrived in town (no waivers and it's free), but I came up short and fell hard on my shoulder in the large space that is inconveniently placed between the jump and the bag. I did not notice this space of death until I was mid air, landing on my shoulder on the ground of this death gap. Luckily there were some nice hard tower pad to land on. Ugh. Anyways, I came out relatively un-maimed and managed to finish off another epic pow day off with a free onsen and beer at the Hilton Grande. Life is good. Do I have to come home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment