Thursday, February 18, 2010

Moving on...

After spending more than 5 dreamy powdery pillow filled weeks in Niseko, I finally lured myself onto a bus yesterday and am now back in Sapporo. Pretty funny given that originally... I didn't plan on going to Niseko for more than 5 days. I suppose you could say that I got sucked into the Ular vortex and I am now forever changed. I managed to get out to another ski resort (Moiwa) on my last day in the Niseko area, which was pretty epic. Finished that day off with the best onsen ever (so far), a great meal with friends and then we proceeded to partake in the infamous Japanese Karaoke. Holy, that was something that cannot be described with words. The plan now? Well forecasts are calling for a lot more snow over the next 48 hours, so it looks like I will ski at Teine tomorrow (1/2 hour from Sapporo city), stay with Greg and then head out to Kurodake. Kurodake is meant to be the steepest in Hokkaido and it's a bit of a mission to get there too, which should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment