Monday, January 4, 2010

Bye bye Disneyland...hello playland!

Been good!! Went to another old Samurai castle and some beauty temples. Went to this cool house near this mountain town too, a couple of Tood¥s friends live up there in this cool house with their cute little kids. They are living a self sustained existence in the mountains and have monkeys in their backyard. They have a huge organic garden too, but its covered in snow right now. Rad place for sure. It took us about 3-4 hours to get there driving on these crazy highways with big plexiglass sound barriers all along them. And you have to pay to use the highways. And there are hydro lines running everywhere. Last night Todd and Tomo also took me to a Pachinco parlour...SO LOUD and Ill explain it better when I see you or put a video up too maybe. I got to sleep with a cute Japanese kitty last night too.

I arrived in Sapporo (city in Hokkaido) today, after a pretty big day of train/plane travel to get here. Didn:t see one white person the whole way to get here, which is crazy. Need to get better at the Japanese now that I:m more on my own. Back to starvation otherwise. Tons of snow all around and it appears to still be snowing on the mountains. Unreal that I am finally in Hokkaido!!!! Going to shred tomorrow with Greg B. Staying with him for a few days. Going to go to an onsen tonight too. It will be my first time. Yikes! Hope that the pics give you a little further insight. So much going on here. Sorry that this is so scattered. Miss you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment